Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 1:12:04 PM EDT
CAn comeone please post pics so I can tell If i Have a real crane stock or A repo.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for pictures at militaryphotos.net or militarymorons.com compare them to Freefalls pics posted here.

[b]That said the pics are probably less of a giveaway than touching your stock.[/b]

The real stock is made out of a hard rubbery material (maybe it is resin?) it feels velvety to the touch and doesn't transmit thermal energy very easilly (if you put your cheek on the stock it will not feel very cold).

The material is a dark grey with some areas that appear to be dusty (whiteish and discolored on the surface [most likely in the 90 degree corners under the battery tubes and around the reinforced toe of the butt (the area that includes the sling points).]

The rubber buttpad on the real Crane is a soft sticky rubber, if you shoulder the rifle it should kind of snag on your clothes a little. (that is probably why some of the SF guys removed their buttpads, to eliminate that potential problem.) [personally I like the soft sticky rubber better].

If you remove a battery tube on a genuine stock and look at the closed bottom end you will notice that it is sealed shut with a different darker material (probably to simplify construction with a cheaper mold)

The latch on the stock will wobble, a lot (unless you did what I did and put a tiny O-Ring between it and the metal locking piece or added ugly rubber bands)

Also the buttpads on a lot of the genuine stocks have what looks like the marks that indicate molding flash was trimmed from the edge that meets the stock with an exacto knife.

That's about it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Read this thread, it may help you determine the differnce between the two and if you'd want to put a copy your rifle: [url]http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=173416[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top