Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 9:48:16 PM EDT
My barrel is stamped C MP which means Colt, chrome chamber, magnafluxed.

My question is do the newer Colt barrels have to also have the CB stamp to be chrome lined bores AND chambers or is it safe to assume that if the chamber is chromed, so is the bore?

I dont have a bore light to see if my bore is chromed or not but it is easy to tell that my chamber is chromed.

My rifle is a brand new LE6920 step-cut 16 in. if that helps.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at the barrel and bolt FAQ here.

[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/[/url]

This is where I got my info from.

According to this, C is for Colt and MP is for Magnetic Particle. It does not say that P is for Proof Tested.

Mine is a 16 in. step-cut barrel on an LE6920. Do you think it has a chrome bore?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Troy.

I had been in a state of confusion for a bit because I have only fired about 80 rounds through the rifle and the revelation of the possibility that it did not have a chrome lined bore was spooking me.

I was beginning to think that I was going to have to attempt a proper break in process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top