Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 3:09:37 PM EDT
I was wondering what brand of barrels and upper recievers the millitary uses?  I know they use colt m4, but do they use dpsm and bushmasters also.  Are all the m4 Colts?  thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt is the current supplier of M4 carbines to the U.S. military and FN supplies the rifles.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I thaught for some reason that they also used Bushmasters also.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]
For the first Gulf War I heard that they made a run of about 10,000 M4 carbines, but Colt threatened to sue them for infringement on their patent rights. I don't think Bushmaster has made anything for the U.S. military since then. It didn't stop me from buying mine though.[:)]  

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For the first Gulf War I heard that they made a run of about 10,000 M4 carbines, but Colt threatened to sue them for infringement on their patent rights. I don't think Bushmaster has made anything for the U.S. military since then. It didn't stop me from buying mine though.[:)]  

View Quote

Bushie got their contract thru political pull (remember where the Bush family has their summer home?)and the owner is a big Republican doner. Last I heard, tho, all of their production pieces had been farmed out to other federal outfits like the Border Patrol, BATF, etc., and the Army wasn't actually using any of them. In fairness, tho, that is an unsustantiated rumor, and I don't know it for sure.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top