Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 6:26:20 PM EDT
I'm looking for a pencil barrel front sight base.  Anyone know where I can buy one?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a pencil barrel on my AR, and it takes any standard size front sight or gas block. I don't know if this is true for all brands barrels or not.

Scott :)
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a light weight Colt barrel and it's .650 I believe the Bushmaster super lights are .650 also, give them a call. They have a link on the Industry forum.

Mark
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster's lightweight uses a .750 gas block from what I can see.  They just machined an HBAR down to 'proper' size.

Good luck finding an old SP1 type gas block.  Maybe look for an old SP1 barrel and remove from that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
From their site.

This is the lightest carbine in the Bushmaster line, featuring the Chrome Lined Super Light 16" Barrel, which is turned from .670” to .600” diameter under the hand guard, .625” diameter under the sight base, and .570” diameter out to the muzzle. This slim profile barrel with the short “Stubby” Stock makes a sweet handling, easy to shoot carbine. Rifling is 1 turn in 9", right hand twist, six lands and grooves. A manganese phosphate finish is applied to the barrels as well as all other critical steel parts of the weapon for excellent protection against corrosion and rust.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been looking for one too.  .750" FSB and accessories are a dime a dozen but .625" is hard to find.  

ArmaLite makes a clamp-on .750 FSB but I cant get an answer on whether they have the .625 until after the first of the year. Also, Yankee Hill makes blank FSB's but again, I dont know if they're in the .625 or not. [url=https://secure.valinet.com/~yankeeh/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi?page=products.html&&cart_id=5245488_9032]Scroll down the page 2/3's to see it. $32.50[/url]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if this will help that much but I bought an old Colt pencil barrel from SARCO that was advertised as "Shot Out" and it came with the front sight installed, correct handguard cap and barrel nut. The barrel at the front sight location measured 0.650". I paid around $35 plus shipping. When I called them they said they had quite a few of these shot out barrels with the sights. I don't know how hard it is to get one of these sights but Sarco has them. [u]You might even try calling them to verify what I said[/u] and at the same time check to see if they even have just the front sight for sale.

Take a look here at their AR15/M16 parts page;
[url]www.sarcoinc.com/m16.html[/url]
By the way, the front sight came with the bayo lug just like in the picture on their parts page.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two .625 front sights with bayo lugs that I just erroneously purchased just recently, wanting the .750 type instead. I asked for the HB type, but this is what I received.

These have been properly cleaned, glass peened shot and are currently "in the white" since I intend to have them parkerized or blued in the near future.
There was NO type of finish on them anyway, maybe over 30 years old???

Anybody interested? I can send pics on request.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top