Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 8:01:35 PM EDT
www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=FTT-LP

I'm looking at these for a dedicated .22LR build.
Ciener kits don't use forward-assist, and I don't think that the dust cover is important for this application.

I really like the way they look, but I can't figure out WTF DPMS makes them with a non-standard rail height.
Just how much higher is it?
Can BUIS be used?

Anybody have experience with these receivers?

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
i used one to build a 223 upper and only use a scope on it. It has been fine for that use. I have never tried to use iron sights on it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It is exactly the same heigth as a standard A3 flat top!

Whoever was the dumbf**k that spread this crap on the AR15.com site needs to be shot.....and then others just continue to repeat the same bull.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Tony used this upper for my .458 SOCOM and as Tony just said, there is no difference.  It mated up just fine with the Fulton Armory flip up front sight and the ARMS #40 rear.  No problem whatsoever.  The only thing I had to change was the front sight post which when using the #40 ARMS, supposedly you need a .040" taller front sight, and I am not real sure about that.  With the .040" taller front post I have it screwed almost all the way down to affect a 100 yard zero with the #40 rear, but that is with the .458 SOCOM so I really don't know how it would work out with a .223 or .22 LR.  But that is a mis-match with the rear sight, NOT the upper rail.  If you want a dedicated .22 LR upper, why not just buy the DPMS .22 LR upper unit?  The ones I have looked at seem very well made and from what I was told by people who have shot them, they function perfectly and are very accurate.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is exactly the same height as a standard A3 flat top!

Whoever was the dumbf**k that spread this crap on the AR15.com site needs to be shot.....and then others just continue to repeat the same bull.  
View Quote

You should check your facts before you start calling names.

Did you click on the link in my original post?

Here's the product description from the DPMS website:

[b][u]LO-PRO RECEIVER[/b][/u]
Product Code: FTT-LP

*-Dust cover omitted for lightweight, smooth, snag-free function.
[red]*-Rail height slightly higher than A3 upper[/red]
*-State-of-the-art Aluminum Material
*-Picatinney Rail
*-New design does not feature forward assist or ejection cover.
View Quote

If DPMS has changed their specs, they need to update their website, if not they need to educate their dealers.

Maybe 'Dealers' who don't know their product and spout BS on the internet should be shot. [;)]

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Break out the calipers my friend.  That's what I did, and they are exactly the same.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Break out the calipers my friend.  That's what I did, and they are exactly the same.
View Quote

Exactly the same as what?  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent an inquiry to DPMS today.

I'll post the response.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#8]
As promised, here is the response from DPMS:

Thank you for contacting DPMS Panther Arms

I had my Engineer check the difference between a Lo-Pro upper and a standard A3 upper and they were nearly identical. The difference is so little it would be insignificant if you were mounting iron sights on the flat top.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank You
Joe Carlson
DPMS Law Enforcement/Internet Sales Dept.
[email protected]
PH# 1-800-578-3767
Fax# 763-261-5599
View Quote

TonyRumore, please accept my apologies.

I still find it odd that DPMS would post misleading information on their own website. And I'm disappointed that it took eighteen days for DPMS to respond to my query. I've never owned any DPMS products, and this doesn't exactly leave me with a good feeling for their company...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:33:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I used the lo pro upper to build my heavy barrel upper, and I couldn't tell the height difference (if any at all).  This upper is "beefy" and looks at home with the 20" stainless bull barrel.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#11]
BUIS on a 22 conversion upper? Is this failed Aimpoint contingency for a feared sage rat charge?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Troy - Thanks for the info.
WTF is the deal with DPMS that they haven't updated the info on their website for five or six years? WOW! Kinda makes me wonder now if I want to buy their product.

ip - Hey what can I say? I over-do everything. [:D]

Seriously, why not have the 'practice gun' (.22) set up just like my SHTF M4?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top