Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 7:48:36 PM EDT
I am creating a christmas list for my family and I think that I want a VLTOR modstock. Before I add it to my list I have a couple questions.  I am interested in the collabsible carbine stock.

How many Surefire style batteries will the stock hold?  Are the end caps durable?

What is the advantage of the club foot model over the standard?

If I use the nose to charging handle postion for my head will the improved cheek weld surface of the stock benefit me? Or will my cheek be resting on the aluminum tube?

I know that I need the mil-spec tube, buffer, and spring.  Are there any other peices that I need to specify before ordering?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks

The Azalin
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am creating a christmas list for my family and I think that I want a VLTOR modstock. Before I add it to my list I have a couple questions.  I am interested in the collabsible carbine stock.

How many Surefire style batteries will the stock hold?  Are the end caps durable?

3 with the new full length batery tube.  Yes they are durable but are a SUPER pain in the ass to remove to get to the batteries.  I will take the Surefire spare battery holder, thank you.

What is the advantage of the club foot model over the standard?

It allows you to grab the stock with the off hand easier if shooting off a bipod or off the bench.

If I use the nose to charging handle postion for my head will the improved cheek weld surface of the stock benefit me? Or will my cheek be resting on the aluminum tube?

No you will still have a cheek on the aluminum.  This is the primary reason I prefer the Magpul stock.

I know that I need the mil-spec tube, buffer, and spring.  Are there any other peices that I need to specify before ordering?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks

Perhaps a single point sling adaptor plate?  Do you have the tools fore proper install?  If not consider the Magpul as its much more rigid of as system and only requires allen wrences for install which helps offset the increased price.

The Azalin
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets say that I go with the Magpul stock, what makes it worth the extra money?  How is the cheek weld better?  Does it hold batteries or a cleaning kit?  Thanks for the input.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I never considered how slow the battery compartments are to get into.  I havent practiced any speed battery reloads.  Guess thats why Im always carrying an M3 as a back up to my 962 [;)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
At a show a few months ago, an Airsoft guy had a decked out M4 Airsoft clone with the Vltor stock.  He had paracord fixed somehow to the caps that allowed ease in pulling the caps off.  Later on that day we looked at an actual Vltor stock a another table.  I couldn't see hoe the paracord was attatched, but I'm guessing he punched a hole in the covers to make the cord work.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you guys like the A1 vltor stock set?

How much does it hold in its compartments in relations to an trapdoor A2?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
The modification with the paracord can be found at militarymorons.com web site...it is drilled thru the cap and cord thru it with knot on end

I recently bought a A1 clubfoot from Wes at MSTN and WOW... it truly is up to the hype!  Besides Wes's unbelievable patience with all my 'dumb' questions and the excellent service..The stock is EXCELLENT and the cheek weld is much better than any stock I've tried.  It obviously doesn't have enough room for cleaning provisions like the A2, but for batteries and a bite size snicker's bar...it can't be beat!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top