Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2003 7:13:18 PM EDT
 I have seen several M4 handguards for sale but most seem to be single rather than double heat shield lined.  Where can I purchase the double heat shield lined M4 handguards?  Do you think the single lined R4 handguards from Rock River will work just as well, if so they are cheaper to purchase and I assume available.  Thanks, Greg.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I always start my shopping at the [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7]Equipment Exchange[/url].  Where most places charge 45+ bucks for Colt M4 handguards, I've seen them go for 25 bucks twice this week at the Equipment Exchange.

Yes, RRA handguards and CavArms handguards will work/feel as good as the Colt handguards.  Many actually chose the CavArms handguards over the Colt handguards.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually prefer the Cavarms M4 handguards because they are a matte finish instead of the glossy colt finish.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The other benefit to the single-heat shielded handguards is they raise the round count that cook off occurs by not trapping all the heat next to the barrel like the double-shields do.

Not that it is a concern for most people.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Cavalry Arms are the best. Period. Check out [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=165879]Adrenaline_Arms[/url] on the EE !
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
another vote for Corey here. :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You could try www.coolgunstuff.com.  The are the single liner style but the price is good.

GL
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#7]
my buddy owns www.coolgunstuff.com thats where i got my ar-15.he will do you right
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top