Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2003 2:25:26 PM EDT
Need a little input on this brand of piece.

Anyone own or have owned one of these?

Looking at a PCR-7 and a PCR-5.

Drawn backs and advantages.

VERY strange I haven't gotton ANY reply on this

at all.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Geees, sorry we all didn't jump right to it and get you a same day response. Guess we are slacking. We'll try and do better for you next time.

either rifle is great. I have sold many of them. What do you want to know about them?

The PCR-7 is a short barreled 16" gun with the long sight radius. Great shooter. The PCR-5 is just the basic forged receiver A2 dight carbine. Both come with lifetime warranty, and are less expensive than others. Oly have been in buisiness longer than any other manufacturer than Colt's. Can't go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you looking to do with the rifle?

Plinking, varmint hunting or match/target shooting they are fine.  I've shot a really nice Oly DCM rifle.

If you're considering using their rifle as an LEO patrol rifle or a self defense implement I'd be looking more at the Colt or Bushmaster brands.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you're considering using their rifle as an LEO patrol rifle or a self defense implement I'd be looking more at the Colt or Bushmaster brands.
View Quote

Why would you say that? I don't own any Olympic complete rifles, just one of their preban lowers. Several of my friends do though. Olympic quality looks to me to be on par with any other mass produced AR that I've seen. Actually its far better than some.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why would you say that?
View Quote

1) Barrel - They lack the chrome lined barrel that enhances reliablity.

2) History - historically they don't do well at 'big name' carbine classes.  Too many reliablity issues.

[url]http://64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum56/HTML/000497.html[/url]
Good thread here on the subject of AR reliablity.  Note all the guys with serious 'real use' experience prefer Colts with Bushy's a 'distant second' (I got a very similar response from Giles Stock when I asked him the same question).
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I stand corrected. I just read your link. Anything out of Pat Rogers mouth should be considered gosphel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top