Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2003 1:22:20 PM EDT
Hello folks.

What is needed to replace A2 stock with A1 length stock? I like the A2 stock over A1 stock in terms of the material used but I figure it is a bit long for me to shoot especially while shooting in prone.

Do I just need to buy the stock? Do I also need to replace the whole buffer tube and etc?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You just need to remove the A2 stock along with the spacer that goes onto the buffer tube, then install the A1 stock.  I think you may need a new shorter buttstock screw as well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the CavArms C-1 stock from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&f=165879]Adrenaline_Arms[/url] on the EE! It will come with the needed hardware.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Get the CavArms C-1 stock from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&f=165879]Adrenaline_Arms[/url] on the EE! It will come with the needed hardware.
View Quote

That stock rocks! It's so much better than the M16 surplus A1 stocks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The M16A2 stock screw is 5/8" longer than the earlier screw, so you'll need to cut 5/8" off or the screw will impale itself on the tip of the buffer.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
MaverickMkii:

Are you in luck, dude!  I'm selling a NICE A1 length stock that I purchased from CMMG (handpicked,no less), with an A2 buttplate assembly.  I'm selling it cuz I just bought a VLTOR stock.

I'm also selling a GGG single point plate adapter, so you can use the Wilderness Single Point Sling (just like the High Seed Boyz).

Check it out:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=184776[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top