Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2003 9:32:37 AM EDT
I keep reading that since BM bought out Professional Ordnance, they have made some changes to the Carbon 15 (specifically Type 97) rifle.  I have a PO Carbon 15, type 97 rifle, and am wondering specifically what changes were made to the rifle by BM.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Heres what i think of both  [puke]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Aren't the BM lowers 100% compatible with all AR parts vs the PO lowers that were not?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both PO T97 rifle and handgun. I've never had a single problem with either. It appears that PO made the rear pin lugs on the uppers thicker, and will not allow it to mate up with a conventinal lower(will contact area near buffer tube). You could easily grind/file off the extra material for a good fit. Bushmaster has (from what I understand) done this already, so the BM is compatible with any lower.Plus added a strong ejector spring.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster has covered this in their forum in the Industry section.  In a nutshell they use less 'custom' parts and more 'standard' parts.  A good example is the new ones use standard AR-15 bolts.

According to them you will be ableo to switch uppers back & forth - but for the Carbon lower you will need to use a different (and shorter) bolt carrier in the upper.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bushmaster has covered this in their forum in the Industry section.  In a nutshell they use less 'custom' parts and more 'standard' parts.  A good example is the new ones use standard AR-15 bolts.

According to them you will be ableo to switch uppers back & forth - but for the Carbon lower you will need to use a different (and shorter) bolt carrier in the upper.
View Quote

With my wife having a new Bushy 97S, I can say Forest is 100% correct.
The lower could be altered to take a standard buffer tube and stock, thus allowing use of a standard bolt carrier, buffer, etc. Something we might be experimenting with in the near future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top