Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2003 7:02:43 AM EDT
someone told me about LMT's new upper that has an intergrated rail. anyone have a pic? thanks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Go here:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=173105[/url]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Those who have handled the unit seem quite impressed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#3]
The new LMT Upper/Rail is the shit.  I got a chance to handle a couple of them and shoot some pictures.

I'll post the write up here in the next couple of days, but if you want a preview of the photos, you can go [url=http://www.pbase.com/johndhollister/lewis_machine_and_tool]here[/url]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The minute a 6.8 SPC barrel, bolt, and ammo become available for it I am going to buy one.  6.8 SPC has almost the same trajectory as M193 so I can practice with it then switch the barrel and the bolt for serious work.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Wes,

Your killing me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:33:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I am stoked! Someone needs to do a reliability test & report back here ASAP!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The minute a 6.8 SPC barrel, bolt, and ammo become available for it I am going to buy one.  6.8 SPC has almost the same trajectory as M193 so I can practice with it then switch the barrel and the bolt for serious work.
View Quote

Dr. Fackler said the trajectory was more like a 7.62x51mm on tacticalforums.com.  Well, actually he quoted what someone else said and said that they were correct.  As for practicing with one and switching to the other, that's not the greatest idea.  You should train/practice as you plan to use your weapons in a tactical situation.  You will build a muscle memory and timing in tune with the recoil of your weapon.  If you change that, you will loose precious fractions of a second.  Also, unless you pump many rounds through that 6.8x43mm upper, how will you know how reliabile your upper is?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dr. Fackler said the trajectory was more like a 7.62x51mm on tacticalforums.com.  Well, actually he quoted what someone else said and said that they were correct.  As for practicing with one and switching to the other, that's not the greatest idea.  You should train/practice as you plan to use your weapons in a tactical situation.  You will build a muscle memory and timing in tune with the recoil of your weapon.  If you change that, you will loose precious fractions of a second.  Also, unless you pump many rounds through that 6.8x43mm upper, how will you know how reliabile your upper is?
View Quote

I would tend to agree w/ the above, BUT, on a departmental level, or in an ideal world.  Some positive habits can be developed, and re-inforced using subacaliber munitions, when the weapon is not the focus of the training.  While changing even small details from training to actual deployment can be a problem and may cost seconds, precious though they may be, the time made up, and the benefits of being able to train, more than make up for them.  If cost prohibitive ammo. prevents or deters individuals from training, a lower cost alternative ammo, is certainly better than  training less often.  When practicing trigger or breth control, is the caliber important.  No, in fact some shoot .22 all day just focusing on their own idiosyncracies, not the weapons, and at the end of the day aren't beaten up by the round/gun combo.
I certainly wouldn't waste money on a "special load" for dynamic entry excersises, or transition drills, when an ammo. especially one close in balistic performance is available.  And "proving" your weapon?  That's a given, but that doesn't mean once its performed the weapon needs to be the only training option.

Otherwise Wyv3rn, I agree w/ you, "Train as you fight!"

Sorry for the 'jack.

/S2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top