Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2003 7:51:40 PM EDT
Do they have the extended feed ramps cut? I was thinking about getting one for my Bushmaster lower.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is on a SSK 300 Whisper.It has feed ramp cuts but I dont know if they were factory or if SSK put them there.One thing to consider is if it will fit on your Bushmaster.It is very tight.It will not fit on my Olympic Arms or my Group Industries S/S M16.It does fit on my Colt M16.SJR556.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thx. Things that make you go Hmm...
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one L.B. flat-top upper receiver.  It has [b]no[/b] extended cuts for the feed ramps leading to the barrel extension.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]
All of Les Baer's upper receivers require fitting to your lower. You would be extemely lucky to get one and have it work without filing on it. They are made this way on purpose. I have done this a few times myself and do not ssee any benefit to getting a Baer upper if there is a Bushnmaster or Eagle Arms upper to be had. Mine (3) required alot of filing along the bottom edge of the upper and also some in the take down pin holes. Too much for me to want to do it again. I did it one time to a SGW lower that seemd to be a little out of spec. I was able to fit a Baer upper to it and it runs great. I just can't swap out the upper to anything else. I did it two other times to make a custom 9mm upper. Baer does offer thier uppers with or without forward assists, dustcovers. The fitting is alot of effort for something that I don't think is really needed unless you have a problem with your lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top