Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2003 7:33:34 AM EDT
There's an ad in SGN by Joeken Firearms (www.joeken.com) for Carbon Fiber lower receivers. The ad says:

Carbon Fiber AR15 Receiver
Made from carbon fiber, they are half the weight of aluminum and five times the strength. Takes standard AR parts.

I did a search on the AR15 board for "carbon" and didn't return any results. Does anyone have a strong opinion about the fit, finish, and durability of these? The price is attractive at about $70.

Also, if you have poor/fair AR parts for sale, you might visit my other post in equipment exchange.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=26&t=185174

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
They're made by Hesse / Vulcan arms.  If you do a search on those names you'll come up with a lot of information.  Pretty much everyone will tell you to stay a long ways away from them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They're made by Hesse / Vulcan arms.  If you do a search on those names you'll come up with a lot of information.  Pretty much everyone will tell you to stay a long ways away from them.
View Quote

Negative.  They were marketed by Hesse/Vulcan, but manufactured by someone else.  I used their Kevlar/Aramid (CF) upper & lower for my wife's ultralight carbine, & the build went together fine.  No problems to date, & the weapon has better than 1K rounds through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top