Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 5:35:16 AM EDT
I'm just curious...why would you want a bayonet lug on a Dissipator?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Because it makes Sarah Brady piss in her jockeys.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
[rofl2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
What Delta said.

My XM177E1 didn't have one though.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually when I built mine, I was going to pull the blue label front sight tower off my Colt HBAR, without a bayo lug, and put it on my dissy, and swap the dissy front sight to the colt.  But, the finish doesn't match, and there is a gas tube stub in the dissy front sight tower I didn't want to screw with removing....
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Why do you want a bayo lug on a 10.5? theyre easier to leave in place than to remove.

You could modify a bayonet to fit. (cut and weld)

Pissing off Sarah Brady is a good reason as far as I am concerned.  Some people should just move out and leave the USA a better place.

My dissy has a PRI front sight.  (NO LUG ON THOSE) I'm happy with it.

Why would the government put a bayonet lug on a rifle that may be ruined or badly damaged by bayonet use? I guess by the time the bayonet needs to be used the rifle doesn't matter anymore.

(I always thought if the bayonet was a tighter fit maybe it would reduce damage caused to the barrel by using the bayonet.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top