Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2003 6:17:04 PM EDT
Regardless of price, what of the two triggers is better as far as feel goes.  I want the cleanest breaking trigger.  I'm not going to drag my rifle through the mud or anything like that, so it's not going to see hard use.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Regardless of price, what of the two triggers is better as far as feel goes.  I want the cleanest breaking trigger.  I'm not going to drag my rifle through the mud or anything like that, so it's not going to see hard use.
View Quote

That is a very subjective question. Both can be or be made to be very clean.

If I own a Jewell, I like the Jewell. If I own the KAC, I like the KAC. If at all possible you need to try them out yourself to figure out which one is the best for you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I once owned a Jewell trigger and now I have four KAC two stage match triggers.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
KAC for me!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The KAC can only be set at 3.5lbs or 4.5lbs correct?  What if you're use to a 2.5lb trigger from a bolt gun... will the 3.5lbs on the KAC feel too heavy?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
my jewell is nice. it has double shot on me, but i was way out on my adjustment. it was my bad. i haven't shot the kac. if the jewel is good, then i expect the kac to be an equal at minimum. i need a trigger for my new build. i may just have to give the kac a try.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe the instructions that came with my KAC triggers talks about some weight adjustment using the set screws besides the two springs (3.5# & 4.5#).  Perhaps the weight can be adjusted.  At any rate, I am only up to three KAC triggers, one being the F/A version.  My other two already had match triggers and I ran out of dough.  It's the shiznit of two stage triggers IMO.  Now I am looking at a single stage...
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Fortunately, I've had absolutely no problem with my Les Baer's trigger.  Just shot an IPSC match last weekend, and it worked great.  Love the Jewel trigger.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The KAC can only be set at 3.5lbs or 4.5lbs correct?  What if you're use to a 2.5lb trigger from a bolt gun... will the 3.5lbs on the KAC feel too heavy?
View Quote

Correct on the pull weight.  But you must remember, it is a two stage trigger.  The take up is 2.5-3.5 lb, with an additional 1 lb to break the shot.  This is quite a different feel than a single stage bolt gun, but should not present a problem.

The adjusting screws in the KAC affect the let off weight and amount of "two stage" action, IIRC.  I can't quite remember, because once it is in you set it and forget it.  I'm beginning to feel inadequate with only two KAC triggers [;)].
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I've bought several Jewell triggers in the last couple of years.  Every one had to go back for warranty service.  I always got a new(not repaired) kit back but it took a phone call to remind them I was waiting.  They always dragged on the trigger bar or the disconnector never worked(full auto).  I also have never had a Jewell come back to me once I sold it either.  Never had a KAC since I couldn't find someone who had one to sell(dealer).  
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Never had a KAC since I couldn't find someone who had one to sell(dealer).  
View Quote

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=134&t=141322]MSTN[/URL] carries them and usually has them in stock.  Several other dealers now carry them.  I got all mine from MSTN though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top