Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2003 4:07:47 PM EDT
i just bought the vltor collapsable stock and buffer tube. it did not come with the receiver lock plate or lock nut. was it supposed to come with the buffer tube? if not, where is the best place to get those parts?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know, you just get the stock itself.
Try Wes Grant at [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url], he'll hook you up w/ whatever else you may need & can field pretty much any quality AR-related gear question you can throw his way.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Spider is correct, go to Wes at MSTN. I believe Vltor only sell tubes ($42?) and stocks. All the components, buffer and spring, plate and nut can be bought from anyone. Another great place for parts is Georgia Precision.

ls
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Choose one of these plates instead, also from [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url]
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/KisaraVltor1.jpg[/img]
Dieter CQD & KAC QD single point plates
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If you pay like $185-$190 they will sell you the stock, tube, spring, H buffer, latch plate, and castle nut. I think that is the going rate anyway. You can buy everything else you need through DPMS.

That's everything you could need (that is if you don't lose your buffer retaining detent and spring by forgetting to hold them when you loosen the tube : )   )
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you pay like $185-$190 they will sell you the stock, tube, spring, H buffer, latch plate, and castle nut. I think that is the going rate anyway. You can buy everything else you need through DPMS.

View Quote

We've got the stock ($110.95), tube ($42.00), carbine spring and buffer ($15.00) for $167.95 and we throw in a [b]free CAR stock lock plate and nut plus free shipping[/b]. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#7]
VLTOR's web site says the stocks come with ALL mounting hardware. I'd definitely check w/them first, before you lay out any more bucks[:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
i checked all over vltor's site and couldn't find any mention of the extra pieces.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#9]
i bought my parts from brownells. most online vendors have the parts for the a2 stock online, but i had a hell of a time finding a car stock plate and nut. i'm sure tons of vendors have them, but i do most of my shopping online and late at night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top