Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 6:51:55 AM EDT
Hi Gang,

I'm going to remove the fake flash hider on my RRA carbine.  I was wondering what the hot tips and cool tricks to doing this were.  I understand that it's pressed on, and that un-pressing it may be somewhat more involved.  I'm not a machinest, but I play one at work, so equipment/tooling shouldn't be a problem.  Thanks for your time, and have a nice day.

Stych
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
While the FFH can be removed, be aware that the muzzle has been turned down too far to thread it for a regular FH or brake.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the input.

Removing the fake flash hider is priority #1.  As to wheather or not a brake can be readily installed, I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

Stych
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
If it can't be rethreaded to attach a FF (post-sunset) or a brake, why remove it at all? It hepls protect the crown of the barrel, and it actually looks decent IMO!? I have the same barrel, and if the ban sunsets I'll just buy a new upper with all the goodies. Just food for thought...
B9
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Why remove it?

To install a FF RAS, of course.

Thanks again,

Stych
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
While the FFH can be removed, be aware that the muzzle has been turned down too far to thread it for a regular FH or brake.
View Quote

Not exactly true. I had it done to mine.

View Quote

Okay, on [b]my[/b] RRA barrel, I found that when I removed the FFH, tthe muzzle was too small to be threaded for a normal FH.
So I sold it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top