Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2003 12:02:33 PM EDT
I have recently acquired a match AR-15 barrel but it has not been chambered yet.  Any guidance on exactly what to tell the gunsmith on how to cut a match chamber?  I plan on shooting heavy bullets, starting with 69gr.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell him you plan on shooting heavy bullets, 69gr and up...

Seriously, take it to someone who knows AR's and that is about all you have to tell him.  Take it to a "do it all" general 'smith and you will get the same chamber as everyone else, done with his only .223 reamer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Dayglo, Where are you in Va? If you are near the Tidewater area, look up Sam Dayton. He know's his stuff and is trusted.
He has a Krieger on order for me(and others) and will do all the finishing work on it. He shoots high power and builds alot of rifles for people.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I am no where near the Tidewater area, I am in Northern VA.  I could always send it to him by mail so that he can cut the chamber.  My plan was to either use Cerrosafe on another barrel with the dimentions that I want or to pass along some cases topped off with a bullet for measurements.  I too have a Kreiger that I need a chamber cut.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want, email me with your number and I can call him to pass it along. You guys can talk first hand to see what you want and work it out.

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top