Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2003 1:36:01 PM EDT
Am I alone in this, or does anyone else think this would make for a real sweet AR?  

The extra comfort of a mid-length handguard and the added velocity over 16", yet less overall length and more manueverability than a full 20" and less weight.  Plus, 1/7" rules for heavy bullets!

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Will anyone be making a 1/7 Chrome lined M4A1 preban heavy M4 barrel?  (the one with the flats for M203 mounting under the handguards?)

Obviously people would rather keep doing what they are doing.

My guess.... Not for a long long time.  Now you can go to ADCO and have it chopped and threaded... and I could go to RRA buy one of their phony M4 (in front of the sight post) HBAR barrels with chrome lining look up the specs and send it to Kurt at KKF but that is way more work than buying one from someone allready made.

[b]I don't think companies keep up with trends and customer demand as well as they should

As far as I am concerned the extra 60FPS from 18in to 20in is not worth it.. as far as I am concerned 20inch barrels are obsolete and 18inch barrels are far superior.  But that doesn't mean I expect to see it in the bushmaster catalog next week.[/b]

I just got a 16in Dissy and in the process found that Bushmaster only offered the M4 and 20inch gov't profiles in 1/7in twist.  That sucks too.  The 1/7in twist allows people to use 77grain bullets for hunting game larger than deer.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Am I alone in this, or does anyone else think this would make for a real sweet AR?  
View Quote

It -does- make for a real sweet AR.
[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Hoplophile/Decimator.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You jerk!

Custom build?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Will anyone be making a 1/7 Chrome lined M4A1 preban heavy M4 barrel?  (the one with the flats for M203 mounting under the handguards?)

View Quote

Buy a 16" COlt HBAR 1/7

Send it to Kurt for the cuts and reprofile.

Now you have your SOCOM HBAR M4. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think colt made any (or not very many) 1/7 16" Hbars.  All the 16" Hbars Ihave seen are 1/9.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want accuracy, don't go with a chrome-lined Colts barrel.  Have GA Precision turn you down a Mike Rock 5r stainless barrel to M4 profile, or just have them make it to A2 specs.
I believe they have some in stock, in 1/7 twist...

[url]gaprecision.net[/url]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You jerk!

Custom build?
View Quote
Custom built by a WECSOG honor grad. [smash]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top