Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 2:02:56 PM EDT
Almost ready to place my order for a BM Dissipator w/ full length FF CMore quad rail.

Loaded with 1913's up and down the full length of the tube, any sitreps as to tactile comfort/discomfort. The handguards on my DCM legal Bushy look much more comfortable to hold on to.

Those out there with 1913 rails all over...how do they feel on ungloved hands? I have seen several pics of 1913's with those snap on grip panels. Are these used for improved comfort or otherwise?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunzer, I don't know anybody that uses rails without covers (except for the ARMS SIR, if rail is not used you remove it in this system). The rails would hurt too bad if they were not used. They would get hot after prolonged firing. The rails need covers to in order to be used like you would regular hand guards. Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If you put that c more thing on and do not cover it, you will have a very hot alum handguard after firing that you won't like. If you only shoot a little causing not much heat, the un protected cross cuts in the alum rail will also hurt. You loose either way.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I find that none of the handguards I have used (SIR, RAS, FIRSH) have sharp edges.) I don't think they would hurt but they may heat up.

The KAC pannels feel better.  

Why C-more??  (at least it's not the Bushy rail but here you will probably be happier if you spring for the more expensive KAC FF RAS.) that way after a few years and many add ons make your gun worth a lot of money it won't look cheap with a C-More rail on it.)

Just my 2cents I use KAC RAS's on mine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the input. What do these KAC rails look like? Who sells them? Where can I check them out?

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd go with the ARMS #50 slime line as it is the least wide and easiest to hold for me, and you don't need panels, plus the coolest running in high volume fire.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree the KAC rail panels are the most comfortable.  I use a KAC Free Float RAS myself.

[url]http://www.calssportingarmory.com/KnightsArmamentCoMWS.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top