Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2003 6:28:23 PM EDT
Since I've replaced EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!  I might as well replace the stock Colt two position tele stock.  Man!  This becomes an obsession!

What I've replced on my nice Pre Ban COlt Green label - ARMS SIR #45, GG&G vert grip, SureFire oldstyle pressure switch on weaver rings on GG&G off side rail mount, Dieter forward sling loop, GG&G backplate sling loop, EoTech sight, ARMS #40 rear flip up sight, Hogue handgrip, Gapper for in front of handgrip, Accuwedge, Vortex FS, A3 1/9 Colt upper...forgot anything!  Nope, don't think so...

Any suggestions on a new tele stock?  Been looking at the Veltor and MOD SOCOM stocks...

Cheers!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the Vltor, just got one and they are awesome. If you get one you can leave your Colt 2 position buffer tube on as the Vltor only fits Colt or mil-spec buffer tubes, unless you want a 5 position tube which they also sell.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Magpul.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Either the Vltor or the Magpul. Both are absolutely awesome with the go ahead going to the Magpul in my opinion.

the Vltor will slide right on to your Colt tube so it will be the quickest and cheapest fix, but the Magpul, while more expensive, will be more modular, more solid, and a greater improvement.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone installed/used the MOD SOCOM stock for sale on the exchange board?  It looks VERY heavy duty.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You mean the ACE stock?  You can take it off and use it to tenderize your meat [BD]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I know!  Looks kinda wild!  But also looks SOLID.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know how they figured it's a SOCOM stock, I doubt if SOCOM requested or wants it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Anytime you can associate a "tactical item" with elite military units, it'll sell better.  Sad, but true.

I was looking for something that works...you can call it the Pretty in Pink stock....if it works well I'd be interested....but I ain't every consumer...oh well...

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Get the Vltor stock and tube, you'll be very happy with it.  If I want a folding stock for an AK or Daewoo, I'll use the ACE stock, but I think the ones they made for the AR are ugly as sin.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got done ordering the Vltor...thanks for advice!

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Should have gotten the Magpul.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Not for twice the price!  But thanks for your input....cheers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top