Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 10:37:48 PM EDT
I don't completely know the difference between the two. Is it in the sights ? Is the A2 more popular for any reason ? Why do people still want the A1 ? I need someone to tell me the pros and cons of each of these uppers as I don't know the difference. Also, while I am thinking about it, what is the difference between the A3 and the A4... they both are flat tops, so whats the difference ?
Sorry about the noob questions......
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
A1 has sights which are not very adjustable and therefore more rugged and cant get knocked out of whack.  They are actually superior for a combat rifle.  The A2 is better as a target rifle.  The A1 can be less expensive and it is lighter.

You want to swap in an A2 front sight post and A2 rear aperature into the A1 upper though.

Some manufacurers call a flat top an A3 some an A4 no difference.  Then there is the M16A3 and A4 but thats unrelated.  The uppers are the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info. I think I understand now, I thought it was just a difference in sights.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I changed both my A2's for A1/C7's, because of the A2 sights, the A1/C7 is [b]my[/b] preference.

Also; [url=groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/whatisana1a2a3ora4.msnw]Whats an A1, A2, A3, or A4?[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top