Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 11:35:41 PM EDT
I bought the VLTOR for my Oly pre ban, I figuredId wait and see if it would fit my current buffer tube. Well end result, it dose not. Does anyone know if I will be able to find a Tube to fit both?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Vltor makes it pretty clear that their stock will only fit on Colt-spec tubes.

Contact Vltor to see if they will sell you one of theirs that is Colt-spec.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, get the new one Vltor just released. It is the milspec profile and doesnt cost as much as a Colt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, get the new one Vltor just released. It is the milspec profile and doesnt cost as much as a Colt.
View Quote

Yeah, the Vltor tubes are sweet and much cheaper.Most folks selling the stocks on the E&E sell them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]
You won't find a tube that works with both.  Only Colt and Vltor make the milspec tubes, get either you will be able to use the real Colt ribbed 4 position stock and the Vltor.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just in case you care, the Colt tube is forged and the Vltor tube is machined.  Forged tube are much stronger but it really doesn't justify the price they are asking for a Colt tube. I have both the Colt and the Vltor tube, both are good product with the Vltor having an awesome finish compare to the Colt.

The Colt spec tube will make your non Colt stock feel loose on the tube. it will work but it will be loose.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just in case you care, the Colt tube is forged and the Vltor tube is machined.  Forged tube are much stronger but it really doesn't justify the price they are asking for a Colt tube. .
View Quote

Are you talking shear forces, tensile strength, wear caused by a rough finish, etc...?  And how much?  Will the Vltor tube break under the stress induced by mere mortals, while the Colt tube can withstand the full fury of the gun Gods?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
With the Vltor, you can leave forehead impressions on undesirable types:
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/KisaraVLTORback.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#8]
For fill in the grooves with paint it's also nice.  But unless I am mistaken, the Colt tubes are 4 position and the Vltor tubes are five, aren't they?  Could be wrong.  Just get the Vltor tube in anycase, it's really nice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought the VLTOR stock and tube.
Works like a champ. and you get the kewl logo on the end as seen in the above pic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#10]
OK so if I get the VLTOR tube will it fit my Oly Reciever?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#11]
The Vltor reciever extension will fit any AR with a threaded reciever.

(that is 99.99% I just picked up a gun magazine though that had some American flag finished rifle machined out of bar stock and it was designed with the stock machined into the reciever so I guess I can't say all.)
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#12]
A note on these tubes.  I had to do some fileing on it to make a GGG single point receiver end plate fit with a VLTOR tube.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok I orderd the Buffer tube from VLTOR, from Eric the GM. Good guy he hooked me up with another kit to go with it... I get it in three days so. Now I just gotta work on the, The battle grip and the fore grip....Eric did say that they were 5 pos. Ill be much happier in three days, so much happier. Just make sure nobody comes up with anymore cool useful parts for AR's...
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just in case you care, the Colt tube is forged and the Vltor tube is machined.  Forged tube are much stronger but it really doesn't justify the price they are asking for a Colt tube. I have both the Colt and the Vltor tube, both are good product with the Vltor having an awesome finish compare to the Colt.
View Quote

Actually the Colt tubes are "impact extruded" not forged. The processes are quite different.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I got it, Thanks people for your help. I got the VLTOR tube Fits perfectly. Im extreme;ly happy now. Thanks again for your help....Kisara I still say yours looks different. I guess its the picture is distorted....
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Does this help better?
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/KisaraVltor1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/KisaraVltor2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#17]
CHEN
You can tighten up the stock with a condom, it works.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Kisara's last pic is very helpful.  But I have another question--a lot of companies still sell the old-style CAR stocks that look like the second one in Kisara's picture.  Do these all use Colt spec tubes?  For example, RRA has them in addition to their waffle M4 stocks.  If I have one of these, do I have a Colt spec tube?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#19]
No.  RRA tubes are not milspec.  If that's what you currently have, you will have to buy a new milspec tube if you want a Vltor stock.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Your probably better of just doing what I did which is buy it as you need it.. It suck to have to wait a couple days but. I didnt see spending the money if I didnt have to. Ya know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top