Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2003 6:34:28 AM EDT
I'm looking for a certain configured barrel without costing and arm and a leg.

Who make this barrel: 18-inch, medium contour, chromemoly steel, medium length gas tube and no sight tower. If possible, I want it chrome lined.

Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know, there are no 'production' barrels of those specs.  It would have to be custom made.

As for getting a production 18 inch barrel, the only one I can remember is Rock River's 18" varminter weight, but that is Stainless.  They are also only in 1:8" twist. There may be one other that makes 18, but I can't remember right now.

Also in terms of production midlength gas ports, I think your only options are Rock River again and Armalite.

Good luck in your search.  Let us know if you find anything.

edited to add: You might want to contact steve at [url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url].  He does some custom stuff at good prices.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Joe-

I didn't check Rock River yet, I'll have to check them. I did check Armalite, but their mid-length is a 16-inch. I don't mid a 20-inch, I could just cut it down.

I'll let you know what I dig up and I'll check with Steve and ADCO.

Thanks

LS
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at Barry Bowlds' site called Metalcraft Specialties in Kentucky. He makes some awesomely accurate custom barrels. He also makes a basic affordable barrel he calls a "tactical responder" model. It is 18 inches with a mid length gas system. He even makes a custom shaved gas block to go with it. I believe the web address is www.metalcraft-ar15.com . If that does not work, search for his company name. He has made several custom barrels for me from Krieger stainless blanks. He is even making AR10 barrels as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top