Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 7:28:16 AM EDT
After a thorough cleaning I was inspecting the the barrel and noticed what appears to be an irregular black speck on the rifling about half way down the bore.  I recleaned but the speck remains.  History: I have 120 rounds through the rifle 40 55gr fed premium and 80 69gr fed match bla bla so I can't believe it's corrosion.  Could it be copper?  I haven't pasted the barrel yet.  Something else?  Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it the gas port?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for the gas port.  Is it roughly under the front sight base?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]

had to add.......

_____
From the Expedient Liberal Dictionary:

People (n) : The National Guard.
Bear (v) : To carry in an unloaded state while duck hunting. (classic high dollar yuppie over unders by Kohler, and Perazzi only) Nothing with less than $5000 value- or the firearm is not sporting enough.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Well damn I hope not!  I suppose I was so shocked to see it I never considered the possibility.  I don't think so though as I've never seen the gas port before after cleaning.  I'll re check.  If it is...well let's just say I'll write it up as a copper chunky anyway...
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If it is it on the top of the bore about where the gas port is, well you might have a hole in your barrel.
Jack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top