Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 2:24:55 PM EDT
What is your favorite stock. The weapon I am buying comes with the pinned in place collapesable replica. It seens cheesy to me.
It is a Bushmaster M4 so I could order the new skeleton stock or a regular stock if I choose.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
A great post ban alternative is the Vltor A1  length Modstock system, which I prefer.

For the same money, you can get the ACE stock.

Also, Maryland AR15 Shooters Site has a great AR stock index, check it out:[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/stocks.msnw[/url]

Good luck

ls
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
VLTOR!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Cav Arms A1 in coyote brown. Get handguards and an ergo grip to go with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait 11 months and get a Magpul M93 or have Magpul give you an M93 fixed into the position you wish and when the ban ends they will convert it to collapsing for you.  I will never own another stock other than the Magpul stocks.  Its that good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
USGI A1. It works, it's the right length, and you can store small items in it. Basically, it's a stock, and that's all I need it to be.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I have owned or tried:

Carbine telestock
Enhanced telestock
A2 Fixed stock
A1 Fixed stock
ACE ARFX stock
Magpul M93 MSS stock

So far the Magpul is better than all of those stocks combined. It beats the telestocks on adjustability and it beats the fixed stocks on cheek weld and solid feel.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Crane E-stock

You have a post-ban so if you want it to stay legal you have only a few choices:

these are some

Ace stock (I hate the stock and think it is very ugly personally)

A-2 stock (they are good)

A-1 stock if you want a 7/8in shorter than A2

Shorty TEntry stock from RRA

or the ugly but functional Vltor full length clubfoot stock with it's Crane-inspired cheek weld.  This is probably the best stock if you can stand the asthetics of it.

[b]If I were you I would buy the Vltor carbine stock or a Colt M4 collapsible waffle sided new style stock and pin adjust it to where I like it and pin and glue it in place.  

that way it would look better and it would not be WAY-LONG and as a side effect the stock ould no longer have any play in it.[/b]

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a Vltor A2 and loved it. Sold it to buy an A1, not here yet. Probably my favorite. (so far)

GI A1 stocks on both my rifles at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Vltor A1!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#11]
CavArms A1!!! YEAH BABY!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
O.K., the FNG will be the oddball.  I've got a thing for the JP Laminated Wood Thumbhole stock...   [looks around nervously as a silence falls accross the thread]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
O.K., the FNG will be the oddball.  I've got a thing for the JP Laminated Wood Thumbhole stock...   [looks around nervously as a silence falls accross the thread]
View Quote

Are you sure you live in Utah and not Kalifornia? [whacko]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I havn't actually fired one now, but I have held one.  It just felt more solid...   if that makes any sence.  

And I'm originally from MN.  I'm just currently stationed at Hill AFB, UT
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Was the Crane stock, but I just sold it to finance a lot of other good stuff, and replaced it with my new fave:  [b]Vltor![/b]  I don't go with that nose to C/H stuff, so looks like the Magpul is out for me, I need my cheek weld farther back.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't go with that nose to C/H stuff, so looks like the Magpul is out for me, I need my cheek weld farther back
View Quote

The Magpul has a solid cheek weld even without the nose to charging handle hold - that part extends the full length of the buffer tube. It is especially nice for those of us who do use that since no other collapsible stock offers that ability; but it will still work fine for those who don't use it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Cavalry Arms C1 all the way.  like someone above said...its basically a stock, and that's all i need it to be.
but it also has a perfect length-of-pull for me, and holds a ton of stuff in the trapdoor (mine has USGI kit, small bottle of breakfree, boresnake, spare pair of "n" batteries, pipe cleaners...probably more in there somewhere)
plus coyote brown is totally badass....
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Colt A1 surplus.

CDNN recently was selling the entire stock assembly, including all hardware, for $50.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If I were you I would buy the Vltor carbine stock or a Colt M4 collapsible waffle sided new style stock and pin adjust it to where I like it and pin and glue it in place.  

View Quote

so it is possible to pin the collapsible Vltor?  

i like the look of Vltor's carbine tele-style more than their full-length-rifle-style stock, and since I only have post-bans, pinning the tele-style is the only way for me to get that look.  (i know what you're thinking, but I don't care much about the disadvantages of doing this, when compared to the awesome stock that I would have in the end[:D])
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I like the old M16 stocks - shorter length and the rubber buttpad feels alot nicer (don't need the trapdoor/storage area).
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Vltor Carbine stock or A1 from Cavalry Arms.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree on the "cheese factor" of the ATF approved stocks. I would take these opinions and use them to guide your research. you have a little time to make the best decision, but pretty soon you can legally add the collapsible stock, so I wouldn't waste my $ on an impulse buy that you will discard for a real collapsible in less than a year.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#24]
My vote goes for the Magpul M93 stock.I picked one up and won't use another stock now.Just waiting for the modular stock options to come out for it.

In a lot of ways our gunlaws up here in Canada really suck, but I'm glad we don't have the AWB that you guys have in the U.S.have to put up with.I didn't realise that the collapsable stocks had to be permanently modified so they don't close.But then we have to put up with 5 round magazine limits for our semi auto rifles.......nothing like a 30 round mag permanently blocked to 5 rounds......[:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top