Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2003 1:11:27 PM EDT
I am going to build a 14.5 inch upper for my rr lower, and need opinions on which brand to go with, bushy or RRA...thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll recommend Rock River, for one reason only; Price.

Both brands are of equal quality, they both get their raw forgings from the same two or three forges, and they both do an wqual job of fitting and finishing----so price is really the only difference[:D]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The Bushmaster has the dry lube on the receiver interior.  I'd pay an extra $10 for that.  The Bushmasters I have purchased recently have a little nicer finish; I'd pay an extra $10 for that too.

No way would I pay the current $70 price difference for flat tops though.  I'd get the RRA.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy is the man!

None of them really have exactly what I want.  RRA has pretty much what I want, but no chrome bore.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want a SUPERIOR fit for your lower, buy a RRA upper.  If you want a SUPERIOR barrel, buy a Bushmaster.

Together (RRA Upper and Busmaster barrel) you'll have the best of both worlds.  My RRA uppers fit FAR, FAR BETTER than any of my Bushy's.

If you have any questions you should contact Pete at Legal Transfers.  He custom builds uppers to your specs, and test fires every upper he builds to guarantee headspace and accuracy.

EDITED to add:  If this is a POSTBAN upper, Pete also offers an AWESOME M4 chromelined barrel with faux flash suppressor that can't be beat!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the help....  John in Ct.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
PPD is right check with PETE at LEGAL TRANSFERS .
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]

As far as RRA and chromelining is concerned, I wanted a midlength upper with chromelining and was dissapointed they didn't have one.  Contacted Steve @ ADCO and he told me they were only Pre-ban (still don't understand why no postban chrome).  Anyway, he is going to convert a pre to post for me so that I can have my chromelining!!

[:)]

So there is a way...

Hershey

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't go wrong with either Bushy or RRA.

Both are quality parts.

I have an RRA M4 upper myself & love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top