Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 7:13:24 PM EDT
just replace the barrel after the ban sunset?

I am still considering how to replace the current 20" heavy barrel with muzzle break I have after the ban. I hate the brake but got an excellent deal on the rifle when I bought it , so I excused the brake on the HBAR.

I was thinking either just replace the barrel or maybe keep that upper and get another upper sans brake after the ban (like with flash hider)?

The lower is a 100% RRA lower.

Is there any reason to keep a barrel with muzzle brake?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just have the brake cut off and crown the barrel?  In fact, you can have that done now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why not just have the brake cut off and crown the barrel?  In fact, you can have that done now.
View Quote

You mean just saw it off or take it to a gunsmith?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 20" Bbl and when one year goes by I will replace the barrel with a 20" Gov't Profile.

Why shouldn't I just prime the barrel for a FH and be done with it?

1. No bayonet lug that way.

2. No threaded barrel, hence no versatility (different FH & suppressors)

3. What you solder & pin on is what stays unless you spend time & money to have it removed & something else added which brings us to...

4. Knocking off the brake AND reattaching a FH will cost $$$ and time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I will simply replace the barrel but what should I do with my old one??

No one will buy it after the ban sunsets.

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top