Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2003 5:54:27 AM EDT
Right now I plan on building a post ban rifle with just a plain barrel. No muzzle break or fake anything. If the AWB ends, i'll probably want to add a flash suppressor.

Will this be something I can do at home? I'm thinking that if I want to maintain a 16" barrell that it would require machining. Would it be easier to install the flash suppressor if I bought a version with a muzzle break now?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest modifying a preban barrel when you build the rifle. Install a Cav Comp with it's blind pin into a slight dimple in the barrel treads. When (and if) the time comes, drill out the pin and screw on a FS. You'll also need to grind the evil bayo lug off...

This will be far easier than having to machine and thread a postban barrel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
ah, i was afraid of all that. since I'm attempting to minimize effort and expense, i think i'll just assume that one day, if and when the ban expires, i'll be getting an extra uppper.  

thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#3]
If I didn't know you were a FED, I'd recommend buying what you want the first time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it legal to have a pre-ban upper and a post ban lower and just don't attach the two? I won't do this, but it's an interesting legal hypothetical at least....
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
You can send it to KKF...I think he does perform threading jobs.

I know I'm sending two of mine when the time comes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top