Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 9:36:09 PM EDT
Hello,
I have a "worn out" DCM Barrel that im replacing. I plan to keep it and use it as a practice barrel since it's still good out to 200 yards..

My question is, is there someone/company that will make my chamber except 5.56 Nato rounds nicley? When I shot some M193 through it, I had some major pressure problems. So does anyone know who could make my chamber a little wider?

Thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no better place for something like this than [url=www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com
]Kurts Kustom Firearms[/url].
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello,
I have a "worn out" DCM Barrel that im replacing. I plan to keep it and use it as a practice barrel since it's still good out to 200 yards..

My question is, is there someone/company that will make my chamber except 5.56 Nato rounds nicley? When I shot some M193 through it, I had some major pressure problems. So does anyone know who could make my chamber a little wider?

Thanks,
Nick
View Quote

Re-chambering a "worn out" barrel is not very cost effective. Your barrel is off of a Bushmaster DCM rifle isn't it? They are known for not handling mil surp ammo. In some cases you can not even re-chamber it at all depending on how long the throat is, etc. Your best bet is to shoot it as is or buy another cheaper barrel with a NATO chamber.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
As I recall the .223 can be re-chambered to 5.56 and it should close the throat errosion slightly.

I think what Rebel_Rifle was talking about is that the rifling on the DCM might start pretty deep in order to allow you to fire longer than normal extra heavy loads.  This you can't change unless you want someone to cut it thread it and chamber it and re-install a barrel extension in which case it should serve as a good 14-14.5in barrel.

You could also see how it shoots .22lrs (esspecially aguila SSS 60 grain ammo)
this will shoot great in 1/9 twist and faster. It would make a good .22lr practice plinker and 60 grain SSS holds it's accuracy much farther than normal .22 bullets in wind and stuff you might even be able to use it to practice for DCM competition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top