Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 9:11:14 PM EDT
Could you make a thumbhole stock from an A2 stock and a pistol grip to take a point away from the "naughty bits" total?  

For example, attach a piece of steel strip between the A2 stock sling point and the back of the grip.

... trying to figure out how to get a legal post-ban rifle with a flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You can have a legal post ban with flash hider in 3 ways.

Make it non semi auto.

Make it have a fixed 10 round magazine, (FAB 10)

Put on a ridiculous contraption that has no pistol grip that you dont even want to see. (Trust me)

Get a KKF look a like muzzle break that looks like a flash hider and wait for the ban to end is my suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.gogogadgets.net/ATF_grip_rgb.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For example, attach a piece of steel strip between the A2 stock sling point and the back of the grip.
View Quote

Already been done,
[img]jprifles.com/photos/g2bwo.jpg[/img]

from [url=jprifles.com/RifleStocks.shtml]JP Enterprises[/url], but, like Treetop noted above, it doesn't get around the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the explanation.

Damn!

KKF site says their fake flash suppressor actually suppresses flash pretty well.  Maybe that is enough.

I'd like to have a pre-ban suppressor, but can't really justify the several hundred more for a pre-ban rifle.  Don't really want to wait until next September, especially since I'm not so sure the AWB will go away.

(still trying to figure out what that post-AWB grip thingy is supposed to be used)
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Gol'daignit!  Y'all mean to tell me that I can't put this puppy on my AR so I can have a flash hider?  This doesn't take away an "evil feature"?!

[img]http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/282.jpg[/img]

I was seriously gonna buy it...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.gogogadgets.net/ATF_grip_rgb.jpg[/url]
View Quote

man that erks me and im not even from cali. the crimanals will have fully auto ar-15s with bayonets and flash hiders(actualy theyed rather have a sawed off shotgun from walmart) but the civilians will have to use that gay stuff. i even saw that stoner rifle that they are marketing to cali cause they sell it without a pistol grip.

i wonder what arnold will do to all the stupid laws
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Arnold is pro gun control and I personally think he is a Nazi in disguise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top