Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 8:12:39 AM EDT
Okay, I have a preban M4 flattop...I have an EoTech 511, and an ARMS #40 BUIS.  I can't decide between these two systems.  Can I mount the EOTech on the receiver between the hump and the #40, or not?  I think I might be leaning toward the RAS II because of the PEQ mounting issue.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have mounted the EO without problem in the foward position to try it, (but prefer the Aimpoint) and the Peq-2 on the side. The hump always seems to be in the way of something, but the #50 can always be made one strait rail if needed and the RAS 2 can't.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The RAS II with an ARMS #40 installed WILL NOT allow an EOTech sight to fit between the hump and the ARMS.  

I currently have a SIR #50 (safe queen) and thought it would fit all of my needs until a week ago.  That's when I picked up a TA31 and realized that it sat a little too high on the SIR's rail for my liking.  It works fine, but I think I'd rather have it mounted directly on the flattop.

So, I'm planning on picking up a RAS II and changing over my configuration.  

If anyone's interested, I will most likely be selling my SIR #50 at a great price.  Like I said, it's in MINT condition, with the only signs of wear being one or two of the screwheads (very, very minor).
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I might be interested in that ARMS #50.  You'll have to remind me which one that is, there are too many SIR numbers, and naturally the ARMS website does not have the #50.

TJ
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I have a RAS II coming for delivery tomorrow..if I don't like it, maybe we can trade!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I might be interested in that ARMS #50.  You'll have to remind me which one that is, there are too many SIR numbers, and naturally the ARMS website does not have the #50.
TJ
View Quote

slim-line, bi-level.
MM
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know if a TA11 on a ARMS 19S will fit between the hump on a RASII and a #40?

thnx
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The ARMS web has 4 more pics at the bottom of the SIR section and it shows the #50 along with mid and full length SIR's.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone know if a TA11 on a ARMS 19S will fit between the hump on a RASII and a #40?
View Quote

YES.  And there is still one more "notch" available to move it back, flush against the 40.  I can see through the scope better with it foward.

This carbine is *almost* done.  It will debut Friday in the General Discussion.
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/KisaraHotcakes.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Dang man, I really want a TA11 for a new project Im working on! If any of you see one used for a good deal, please let me know ASAP. Thats looking awesome K!

PS, your old sig line was so much better than all your subsequent one!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
[?]The one that had to do with this:
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/RetardedMonkey.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Both are great but I like my RASII best!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:45:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Of course Kisara!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

YES.  And there is still one more "notch" available to move it back, flush against the 40.  I can see through the scope better with it foward.

This carbine is *almost* done.  It will debut Friday in the General Discussion.
[url]http://www.boomspeed.com/kisara/KisaraHotcakes.jpg[/url]
View Quote

That girl has got some manly looking hands. Post more pics of her please. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:That girl has got some manly looking hands. Post more pics of her please. [;)]
View Quote

She has hands?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

TJ
View Quote

I sold my SIR #50 last night and just purchased the RAS II I needed from Chris at Eagle Firearms.  Thanks to everyone for their interest!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top