Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2003 10:26:34 AM EDT
I'm looking for a new heavy buffer to replace my standard carbine buffer. I'm having a bit of a short stroking problem and I believe a new spring and heavy buffer will fix it. Where is the best place to get 'em?

Thanks!
mrf2
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Which Mfg ya want?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
sawlesales.com has Colt parts

RRA has their version of the H-buffer for $20 and springs for around $10.

[b]IF it worked before and started to have a problem odds are the gas port opened up and you are right..

If you changed something (IE GASBLOCK) recently odds are the gas hole in the block isn't ligned up properly and the H buffer won't solve that.

In that case either chamfering the hole in the gas block slightly or opening the gas port slightly will do the trick.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If your rifle is indeed "short stroking" then adding a hearier spring and buffer will only make things worse. A heavy spring/buffer will SLOW the recoil cycle slightly. Let me guess, have you added one of those FAT gas tubes and/or the LMT carrier lately by chance?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
AKM- I am trying to slow the cycle. I instaled a new stock (no PRI tube, no LMT carrier) and now the bolt will go home before the magazine has put another round up, thus chambering nothing. I've talked to several people about this and it was the advice I got. My spring and buffer are also really freakin' old. If you have any other ideas I'd love to hear 'em.

Thanks!
mrf2
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell us more about this new stock that you added.

What brand and type is the stock ?

Did the new stock come with a action spring ? Which spring did you use - the supplied spring or your previous spring ?

Did the new stock come with a  buffer and buffer tube ?  What are you using for a buffer and buffer tube ?

Where did you get the bolt to attach the stock to the tube ?

How often does it short stroke ? Everytime ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top