Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 12:57:19 AM EDT
Just bought a bushy 20" vmatch and going squirrel hunting. I'm looking ways to make it more accurate. Any suggestions from the folks here?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Good trigger, good scope, good mounts and good ammo. With those 3 things you will acheive some fantastic groups.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good trigger, good scope, good mounts and good ammo. With those 3 things you will acheive some fantastic groups.
View Quote

Uh... 3 things?
[peep]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha...ur an ass tech! =) I have a jp two stage trigger. The scope I'm using is a springfield armory 9x gen 3 scope, and the mount is a one piece b-square ar-15 scope mount. As for ammo, I'm using the win cxp1 as my buddy told me on a previous trip he was using match ammo and it just cut a clean hole through the animal and didn't kill it. What do you guys think of my setup?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Black Hills 52gr V-max and shoot great groups with it.  The one thing I think that really helps my shooting is getting a buttstock weight (solid lead, you can get them from Bushmaster).  I find the rifle wiggles less in my hands and recoil is much less so I get to see the little buggers explode.

For small critters don't use anything but v-max, other stuff will just punch right through them (even HP!!!) and they wont die quickly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
[BD] I sort of count the scope and the mounts as 1 item!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top