BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2003 9:14:14 PM EDT
Either on a A2 profile HBAR or both?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Most muzzle brakes actually have a negative effect on accuracy. There are some, like the Ops Inc. Brake which do not, but this is the exception.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Kurts brakes dont. Or, if they do, It's not noticeable. Both of my rifles have Kurts A3 brakes. My newest one is shooting 1 to 1.25 inch groups at 200 yards. My one A2 carbine I have with a Wilson combat brake was more accurate than I was as well. Cant speak for any of the other brands/models.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I have a brake on my current barrel.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
On a chromed barrel you won't notice if the brake affects accuracy. Many varmint hunters use brakes on their rifles to shoot small rodents at extreme range. It's a non issue.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Almost forgot, if it's a threaded barrel don't overtorque the brake for best accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top