Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 3:04:57 PM EDT
An open question to those who may know...
Should there be any play between the barrel and the upper receiver?
I have a 16" lightweight tactical w/ flat top upper (J&T) which I just built up on a RRA lower a couple weeks ago. Last night I was cleaning it when I thought I noticed a bit of a wiggle in the barrel. Thinking it might be movement between the upper and lower, I detached the lower, and son of a gun, the barrel IS moving (ever so slightly, but discernably) when I put one hand on the upper and one on the muzzle and move it around. I must stress that the movement isn't enough to be seen, but can definitely be felt and heard.
Any opinions?

Thanks, Steve C.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
tighten it one more gas tube notch...
or better yet tighten and losen it 3 times before you finaly tighten it ..
use a tourq wrench dude and follow the one more gas tube slot rule..late
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Spent, thanks for the reply. Only problem is, I didn't barrel the upper, I bought it as a kit. I don't have the tools (or knowledge) to do what you suggest. Do you, or others, feel that this is something that should be corrected by J&T? Is it something that is not unusual?

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
J&T should fix it for sure.

I can't believe someone would tighten one to less than 30ftlbs.  Don't shoot it any more untill the barrel wobble is gone you could ruin your bolt or barrel extension.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
return it......Hey every one makes mistakes sorry u got one.
[grenade]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Talked to Jack at J&T today. He apologized and asked me to send it back and they'll make it right.

Thanks to all for the advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top