Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 12:56:02 PM EDT
Anyone purchased one of his AR-15's/ Were they worth the price?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't bought one.

Wasn't worth the price to me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 20" super varminter Jewel trigger etc. real heavy rifle although it is very accurate
even shoots Wolf Ammo very accurate. It is a very well made(tight fit between upper and lower)I have a CIA Lower that I  assembled with a 16" Model 1 Sales parts kit free float tube, JP trigger it shoots .75moa with Nosler 55gr Ballistic Tip all day long.
CIA Lower $70
Model 1 Kit $425(+shipping)
JP trigger $100 (Off EE board)
Total cost about $595
I paid $1900 for the Super Varminter(Versa Pod, Badger Ordance Rings etc.)My FFL holder does not charge a transfer fee. So do math buy what you can afford first. Then get what you want later....good shooting
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Archad,

Have you every swapped the upper on the LBC over to your CIA or other lower?

I was thinking of buying an stripped LBC matched Upper/Lower set.  I've heard they are very tight because the pivot and take down holes are drilled through the upper and lower at the same time with the two parts mounted together.  But, I was wondering if there were problems with these components fitting on others.  Just in the event you have to mix and match.

-Red-
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I am pretty sure at his prices you can buy his parts and put one together for less money by far.

[b]buy

1 set matched upper lower
1 Barrel (make mine cut rifled)
1 trigger set (jewell)
1 FF tube (that RAS looking thing)
1 Gas tube/gas block
1 lower completion kit (if he doesn't sell one bushmaster will work fine)
1 buttstock assembly
1 las baer B/BC and charging handle
1 bi-pod (I reccomend buying MSTN's ARMS throwlever and harris tilting STD Length model).

YOu should save more than $1000 doing it that way. and better yet if you notice the upper/lower fit, barrel and jewell trigger are the "accurate parts" why not finish the build with a better looking KAC FF RAS and KAC gas block/KAC front forend flip sight (use a 600M KAC rear), Leupold M3 scope and ARMS mounts and you will have yourself an SPR for less than the cost of Les's rifle that will shoot with his and look better not to mention be more versatile.[/b]

It is Les Baer's Barrels, and specially fit uppers and lowers, and jewell triggers that give his rifles exceptional accuracy. The rest of the parts, FET, assembly by workers paid more than auto mechanics, and the accuracy guarantee give it it's exceptionally high price.

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
GreenO is right it is the Barrel & Trigger. I have not switched the LB upper on my CIA Lower
but I will at the range this weekend I will post info this weekend and let you know...
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Archad,

Any luck?

-Red-
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've heard they are very tight because the pivot and take down holes are drilled through the upper and lower at the same time with the two parts mounted together.  But, I was wondering if there were problems with these components fitting on others.  Just in the event you have to mix and match.
View Quote

I don't know how much the matched set from LBC, but can't be as cheap as RRA matched set.  As for mixing, I have a partial mix - RRA match upper to standard RRA lower.  Fit was so tight I had to use a soft hammer the first few times I tried to get them apart.  Now it just takes a little force and absolutely NO play between them.  I am very happy.

If you are going to blow that kind of cash on an LBC, why not just get a nice KAC SR-15, which includes the FF RAS, Match Trigger, Krieger premium barrel, and more... Or, build your own $hit-hot creation out of nice parts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#8]
There is one at a local dealer. I took a look at the rifle and could not see how they justify the price.  Fit and finish is not on par with other rifles in that price range.  The trigger was nice, but nothing that can't be replicated with a RRA NM trigger group.  Like it has been said in earlier posts you could build an equivalent rifle for almost half the price.  Just my $0.02.

IDHunt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top