Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 10:19:53 AM EDT
I know its not a "flash hider" but does it do anything at all to hide flash over a plain barrel? I do notice a slight reduction in recoil over the 16" plain barrel, but it is a lot louder.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

If you want low flash with a post ban Brl then buy some Hornady 75Gn OTM ammo. No flash at all from my bare 16" Brl.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats OTM?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Whats OTM?

Thanks!
View Quote

OTM = Open Tipped Match, bullets.

Like the Sierra 77 grn. MatchKings or the 68 grn. Hornady BTHP Match rounds.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
My M4 with the AK brake makes a lot of noise and produces flash even with the low flash powder formulations (try shooting at dusk)...

shooting indoors is very loud and you do get concussion off the brake when close to walls...no fun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#5]
THe Levang Linear Comp might?

I don't know if this would be legal but if you took a 5.5FH and cut off the birdcage part you would have about 3.5inches of tube on your barrel (it would funnel what flash there was in a direction where it wouldn't bother you much and reduce noise a lot too for hunting) although no where close to comfortable levels it would lower the damage you would do to your ears.

Muzzle brakes are out for me (hunting) I had 1 too many bad experiences.

hurt my brother's ears firing my .300win mag next to him (they were bleeding).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top