Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2003 5:38:11 PM EDT
My Bushy 14.5 1/7 upper seems to have the front sight canted a little to the right.  I had to burn up alot of right clicks on my ARMS40 to get it rough zero'd at 25 yds.  I don't know if it is the barrel indexing into the receiver, or the installation of the front sight tower on the barrel.  Who should I send it to to get it corrected?  Bushmaster?  Will I have to wait 6 mo. to get it back?  TIA,
Cleophis
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you still have several clicks to go, I'd leave it alone. Best to get out onto a range and get some real shooting done and see where they land at 100 meters, then see from there. Centered isn't as important compared to what you get for results, it might be a real barn burner with great accuracy.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
cleophis
This seams to be a re-occuring problems with Bushmaster lately, there have been several posts about this in the past, however Im not sure how far back and where to tell you to get a link. I had this happen on two of the last two rifles I purchased from them. I sent one 20" A3 upper back to them and they returned it 2 weeks later and said it was fixed, problem was, it wasnt fixed!!!, I dont think they even touched it. I had four clicks left all the way to the right before it was bottomed out with both an ARMS #38 and the Bushy carry handle had 2 clicks left. I sold the rifle. The other one is a carbine m4 type and it is exactly the same but im hanging onto it for awhile.
good luck
cp
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  Good grief Eagle, does that mean they CAN't fix it?  I would think that if it lines up with the gas port, well, you should be able to index it into the receiver or could I be in between a notch?  This sucks because I have no right windage adjustment left but maybe 4 clicks like ya'll said.  I'm going rant at the Bushy industry site and see what they say.
tks guys,
Cleophis
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:51:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I just laid mine down on the carpet and whacked it with a rubber mallet.  Problem solved!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#5]
You could send it to MSTN and get the PRI flip sight with 2 allen screws installed (it's like installing the front post all over again new grooves need to be milled.)

Or put a KAC low profile gasblock on it and use a KAC folding RAS mount Front sight.

[b]If you use a sight like a KAC 300meter backup rear it won't bother you as much as there are no protective "wings" crowding the rear sight.[/b]

Bushy makes a folding front post for $95 that is simply installed by cutting and grinding off the front post (reblue) then the new unit clamps over the barrel with set screws (they use this for sights on V-match rifles).

Their are a lot of solutions on your end but none are cheap. [b]If you want it done for free send it back and demand a replacement (if this starts getting Bushmaster in the wallet they might re-calibrate machines or replace them untill it stops happening.) [/b]

I had a 14.5in HBAR that I installed a PRI post on and leveled it perfectly and there was not enough gas to reliably cycle the action because of the fact that the original post was canted so I had to either use a suppressor to get it to function or enlarge the gas port.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top