Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 9:21:30 AM EDT
Will Knight's quick release flash suppressor that is used with the SOCOM suppressor on the M4s take a bayonet like a stadard A2 birdcage?

Thanks

Scott
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my M4.Although I dont have a bayonet to mount I dont see why it wouldnt fit.

Jm03
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They fit.

I wouldn't want to put one on and run through a bayonet course though.  The QD comp had carbon scraping grooves and they are very tightly toleranced.  If you dinged a groove it might not work as well as designed.

I would save that for emergency use only (as I really think should be the case with any bayo on an Ar/M16 the rifle isn't an M1 Garand.)
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
There's also the little issue of the length between the bayo lug & the groove on the FS that the handguard hangs on. The milspec bbl. length (14.5") is shorter than the legal limit. Unless you have an registered SBR w/ bbl. set @ that length, the distance between the lug & FS groove isn't likely to work correctly. That is, the rear of the bayo would mount w/ the lug, but the handguard-FS interfacing loop will just hang loosely on the bbl. Probably not the best setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top