Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 6:41:15 AM EDT
ive got an aluminum colapsable on my M4gery and it seems to rattle a lot are the fiberlite stocks this loud as well?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]
the actual butstock moves on the buffer tube
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
so the fiberlite stocks will be more quiet??
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]
SEEMS TO ME THAT I REMEMBER READING A ARTICLE ON THESE NOISEY ALUMINIUM STOCKS,THE SPECIAL OPS GUYS WERE COMPLAINING OF THE NOISE ALSO AND FOR WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A QUALIFIED SOURCE THAT THE ALUMINIUM WAS GREAT AND STURDY BUT JUST TO NOISEY,AND THE MILITARY WENT TO PLASTIC ALL THE WAY,WONDER WHERE ALL THOSE ALUMINUIM STOCKS WENT AFTER REMOVAL,YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
THE ALUMINIUM WAS GREAT AND STURDY BUT JUST TO NOISEY
View Quote

Interesting word I have is the ALuminum stocks would shatter if struck on a rock or hit by gunfire.  Neither of which will destroy a fiberlite stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Really!  I was going to "upgrade" to the aluminum stock on my next JT kit, but only because I can't get the "plastic is tougher than matal" idea to register in my mind.  So does anybody have anything GOOD to say about the aluminum stocks?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The most rattle free stocks on the market right now are:

#1 Vltor Mod-stock
#2 [b]Current[/b] production RRA

Both put my Colt M4 Type II to shame when it came to movement and noise.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Totally agree. The Vltor stock rolls on bearings. Another tight and smooth stock is the original Colt ACR buttstock. Yes Lumpy, I agree with you, the RRA M4 "Ribbed" stock is fairly tight.

ls
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The most rattle free stock right now is the Magpul M93 stock.  It is actually more solid than many A2 stocks I have seen.  The thing is 100% quiet and rattle free.  I have seen A2 fixed stocks rattle where they mount to the reciever and get loose.  The M93 does not do this and has WAY, WAY less slop than the RRA stock or the VLTOR.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The Magpull stock IS very nice.  Im just traditional though.  I like my AR to look like an AR...and for that the Vltor is fitting my bill.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Magpull stock IS very nice.  Im just traditional though.  I like my AR to look like an AR...and for that the Vltor is fitting my bill.
View Quote

Don't you like the RoBoCop foot Option? It will help your AR kick some ass!

ls
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, my AR already kicks ass [:P]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=167482&w=activePop[/url]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I just put a Magpul M93 stock on my preban DPMS.  It is kind of fugly, but it is the most solid collapsible stock I have tried.  I tried a Vltor at a gunshow and it was nice, but the Magpul stock got my money.  It has been great at the range and I will be getting it out in the field soon to see how all the nice stuff in the woods treats it.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
LordStoner, that is exactly what my buddy said when he saw my Magpul. That looks like Robocops leg. You're killin me here. Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top