Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2003 8:30:33 AM EDT
I'm about a week away from ordering a new upper & have been confused lately about any differences berween the A3 (DPMS/CMMG) & the A4 (RRA/Adco). Are there any ?

..........Paul
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#1]
They are the same.

The military uses A4** to indicate the flat-top so some companies use that term.  Other companies use A3 since A3 is next in line after A2.

** In the military, an M16A3 is identical to the M16A2 except for having a full auto selector instead of 3-round burst.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Hoplophile !!!
Great homepage, you gave me a new definition for the term "SUV"

..........Paul
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
enigma1:

Just FYI, I ordered the A4 RRA upper from ADCO on a monday, got it on friday.  Fit and finish were great.  Very black.  Also ordered with ARMS#40.  As I'm sure you know, ADCO has just about the best price on an upper with FA & dustcover installed ($90) with a $4 flat-rate shipping fee!

Tex78

edutid cuz i cainnt spel guud
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Tex78 !!!
              That is the same thing I am going to  order. You get the 16 or 20 ? I have heard nothing but good about Steve & Adco.

...........Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top