Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2003 2:25:02 PM EDT
wanna put a Vertical on my Bushy but id rather not drop $400 bucks on a Ras or something

any help?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I suppose this might do.  http://www.advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Call GG&G. They have a special going right now on there vert grips.

GGGAZ.COM
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done a lot of research into this issue.

Short of the RASII, SIR or (yet unreleased) URX, you're either looking at an add-on rail (at around $30) or a free float system (at $100+).

I rather save for an RASII/SIR than spend $100+ on low end free float system.

So, that leaves add-on rails.  I've handled the GG&G products, etc., but a very important feature makes me lean heavily toward the GTS rail.

The GTS rail compensates for the angle of the standard handguards, leaving the rails parallel to the barrel.  This means that a vertical foregrip will be perpendicular to the barrel (not angled forward on an non-angled rail) and a mounted light will [s]not[/s] be angled up.  I presume under stress the tendancy is to shoot toward the light beam, which means that you'll be shooting low at even short distances.  Training should alleviate this, but why not sort your equipement out properly anyway?

I am in no way associated with GTS or Denny's Guns, but have purchased a GTS rail and think it is the best option in its price class.  Mine was mounted to a set of CavArms M4 handguards.  I have since upgraded to the RASII and am extremely pleased with it.  However, the $30 GTS rail doesn't claim to compete with $350 RASII.

Here is a link to GTS rails in the EE:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=157259&w=searchPop[/url]

FWIW, I also did a direct comparison of the $30 GTS rail to the $60 Fobus M33.  For mounting a vertical foregrip and lightweight light ($27 SureFire G2 in a $23 Fobus FAS-2 light mount) I personally preferred the GTS rail.  The top rail of the M33 will likely never be used.  So with the M33 you're left with an OK handguard (not on par with the CavArms handguards IMHO) with only a usable lower rail.  The GTS rail doesn't give you the option of covering up the rail like the M33, but I didn't think I'd ever be running it without a vertical grip.  And you could always put some rail covers on the GTS rail.

So, there you have it.  I recommend the GTS rail.  It's available for carbines and rifles.  Once I get my FAS-2, I'll post pics of the GTS rail with light and vertical foregrip.

HTH

EDITED to strike a "not" -- noted in text.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Cheap, but mine worked great...

[url]http://www.brpguns.com/foregrip.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the Advanced Armament rail.
I've got one on my M4. It is an excellent cost effective method of mounting a VFG. however a RAS will go on once the funds allow it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#7]
There's also [url=http://gunguide.com/vfg.html]Handguard Mount Vertical Forend Grips[/url].  It's toward the bottom of the page.  It also mounts to the existing handguards on the AR.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:18:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I also am using the AAC rail and vertical grip on my M4gery.  I love them.  For the money I don't think you can go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't understand why more people aren't jumping at the GTS rail.  Seriously.  Tell me why the straight (non-angle correcting) rails are more popular.  Particularly when they're both the same price.

Hmph.

[:\]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#12]
FWIW, I picked up an angled rail for the AR Carbine handguards at a local gun show a couple weeks ago for $10.
Manufactured by NorthStar, I have not been able to find any info on this company on the internet.
It runs the full length of the handguard, unlike the more expensive GG&G I bought, which doesn't cover as much area.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I've seen a BUSHY product that is a FG that attaches to the barrel. that would be very cheap.

I don't know if they still have it or not (it was a STD A-2 grip).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top