Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 2:56:02 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Fulton Armory Adjustable Gas Tube?  Does it work and allow the rifle to cycle without a hiccup?  Is recoil lessened at all?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The Fulton Armory adjustible gas tube works really well.  You can fine tune the amount of gas that is used to recycle the bolt.  It does soften the recoil a little but since the AR15 doen't have that much recoil, it may be hard to notice.  What I like the most about the adjustible gas tube is that it saves a lot of wear and tear on your rifle because of the reduced force of the gas to cycle the bolt and it also helps to keep the receiver much cleaner because less gas and fouling is going back into the receiver and bolt assembly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
More questions.

I got an adjustable gas tube from Brownells, not sure if Fulton Armory is the source.  I have not used it yet, but got it for use with a suppressor so I could dial down the gas return which increases when using a suppressor.

Now the question:  I thought I saw a post about someone having to loctite (or similar) the adjustment screw to keep it from turning under use.  Has anyone had this problem?  Is it a problematic concern?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top