Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 12:29:34 PM EDT
I put a PRI front sight on my Colt M4 16" barrel. Before it ran smooth with out any problems. After switching the front sight and installing a SIR 46M I am getting stove piping problems. The mags I was using worked great before the parts swap so I doubt its them. What should I do?? Thanks, bcr308
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked for a gas leak?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no doubt that it is a mis-alighnment of the gas port and barrel, or some debri has some how partially gotten in there. Remove and try again.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the mis-aligned gas port.  I have had the same problem with Bushmaster barrels and the PRI front. Two were so severe that I had to ream one side of the gas port to regain function.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advise I will try to run some thru it tomorrow. bcr308
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
hi all,
so what's the best way to ensure gas port alignment with a PRI, and if it needs reaming, i'm assuming you open up the port on the sight, not on the barrel?
i had the same prob on a GG&G flip-up front which was installed by GG&G - it'd short stroke/stovepipe.  sent it back and they took care if it and didn't have a single problem thereafter.
thanks in advance,
MM
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
One PRI I had was manufactured out of spec, I experienced almost no gas to cycle the bolt.  Sent it back, and the replacement worked fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top