Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2003 12:24:53 PM EDT
I have a SIR that wiggles back and forth some. Is it normal? Thanks, bcr308

***UPDATE****

It is on a Colt M4 Upper w/Colt Sporter Lower for the record. I did not put it on I had a gunsmith install it for me. I took it all off tonight and re-installed it. It seem to do the trick. It is really solid now. Thanks to everyone for their help. I am getting ready to post some pictures of this "almost" finished project. Thanks again. bcr308
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it should be very tight and stable. There may be a slight amount of flex if heavy pressure is applied to the end, but it will be VERY little.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Hawkeye, the SIR should be very ridged and stable with no movement.

Go back and check all your screws.  Especially the ones on the barrel nut yoke.

Make sure everything is uniformally tight.  When you're done tightening all the screws down you'll find that you can sometimes still tighten the ones you did first.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What brand rifle?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, Colts definately good to go and it appears you know more about your AR and it's equiptment than your g-smith.  Not surprising!  No flame on gunsmiths just most don't keep up with this weapon I've found!  Congrats on your SIR
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck, when I put mine on the first time, I put the rail (that attachs to the upper) on backwards somehow. It was still pretty rock solid. :)
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
How in the Heck did you put the rail on backward?  It's attached to the forend!  Are you talking about a #38 or something?  Take care!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Must have been the clamping bar, no handguard system can be put on backwards that I have seen except, oh never mind:)
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Hahaha, cant beieve you held your tounge on that one! Hahahaha!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Must have been the clamping bar, no handguard system can be put on backwards that I have seen except, oh never mind:)
Good shootin, Jack
View Quote

Yeah, the clamping bar.

But see, if even I can put it on (and eventually get it right!) then the SIR is easy and no gunsmithing is needed! :)
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Wiggles?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Uh oh....[peep]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top