Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2003 4:13:37 AM EDT
I’m looking for a free-float hand guard and was looking at rail systems, including the SIR and the Bushmaster BMAS.  The rifle will be a 20” target rifle.

The rail systems look neat, but the only thing I see myself attaching to the rail is a bi-pod.  This isn’t my CQB rifle, so I don’t plan to attach a red-dot, flashlight, vertical grip, laser or anything else to the rails.  I’m starting to think the rails would just be a waste of money.  

The Bushmaster Varminter forend looks pretty good.  A friend has the BM V Match aluminum guard and it gets HOT.  I figure with the Varminter’s 12 vent slots it would stay much cooler.  How durable/sturdy are these?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are going free float tube, for a great price you can have the Oly FIRSH, it is about as good as any FF tube on the market if you just going to mount a bipod.

FIRSH is light weight, and it has lots of vents for the heat, for 100 dollars, you are good to go.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top