Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2003 1:43:38 PM EDT
I have a Fulton Armory upper assembly.  I would like to install a KAC RAS unit myself (I decided to just buy the tools I need).  However, I don't know how my look-alike flash hider is secured to the barrel.  Any ideas?  I know it is at least pinned, other than that, I don't know.

Thanks,
--Dan
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably blind-pinned and welded.  You want a real thing?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't want the real thing, "The Look" looks real, and keeps my carbine legal.  It is supposed to be easily removed, I guess I'll have to drive the pin out and see what else holds it on.  I doubt the barrel is threaded, as then the muzzle attachment would have to be soldered/welded on-not so easily removed.

ANY tips are appreciated.

THANKS!
--Dan
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It could just be pinned, that's how my Colt Comp is/was. There will be small notches on the barrel where it crosspins.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe it is pressed on like the RRA M4's
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:16:57 AM EDT
[#5]
How about sending Clint an e-mail, or call him on the phone?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Just verified with Fulton Armory, "The Look" is just pinned on with a taper pin.

--Dan
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
looking down the rifle from the muzzle end does the pin drive out from the left side or the right side?

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a dial caliper that I uses to measure as closely as I could, the hole diameter.  As I see it (still waiting for my punch set to be delivered), the pins should be driven out from the ejection port side.  That is, with the rifle laying down on its side, with tht ejection port UP, that is when to hammer on the pin.  Measure to make sure though.

--Dan
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I was never aware that removal of the brake was necessary to clamp a 2 piece RAS to the barrel unit?[>:/]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was never aware that removal of the brake was necessary to clamp a 2 piece RAS to the barrel unit?[>:/]
View Quote

It's not.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think he means the FF RAS, though I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Isn't the FF a two piece clamp shell type as well?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Isn't the FF a two piece clamp shell type as well?
View Quote

I believe the FF RAS is one piece and requiers the removal of the front sight base and any muzzle attachments.  The RAS II, which also free floats, is a two piece unit that does not require the removal of anything (other than the original handguards) but does require a flat top receiver.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Ahhh, Thanks for clarifying that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, its the FF RAS, one piece.  I have to get the gas block off, and its not coming off unless the fake flash suppressor comes off.  I ordered the punches, this should be fun.

--Dan
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yep, its the FF RAS, one piece.  I have to get the gas block off, and its not coming off unless the fake flash suppressor comes off.  I ordered the punches, this should be fun.

--Dan
View Quote

The FA armory FFS is "Pressed On". You could email them or call and i am sure they would be happy to help you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top