Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 9:27:52 AM EDT
I was looking at the M-17s online, and read its specs. With a 21.5" barrel, the gun is 31.5"   overall. That is roughly 3 to 3.5 in. shorter than an AR carbine, which, of course, uses a 16 " barrel. I was wondering why anyone hasn't shortened the barrel of the M-17s bullpup by 5.5 in. It would still be at legal barrel length (16 in.) and would shorten the rifle's overall length to about 26 in., roughly 8-9 in. shorter than the AR with a 16" barrel. It seems to me that it would be more handy than a 16" AR, while offering near equal muzzle velocity. However, the gun is ugly as sin, and has about a 4" sight radius without the scope rail mounted. Your thoughts?  Use this URL to see the M-17s; just scroll down to the 6th picture on the page.   http://www.azweapons.com/BUSHMASTERAR15main.html
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I would handle one in person before buying.  I found it to be pretty bulky and heavy.  Not sure what the legal minimum overall length for a rifle is, but I was under the impression it was 26".  I think the reason you don't see more variations of the M-17 is that it isn't all that popular of a choice in rifles.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I also believe 26" is the minimum OAL for a rifle...  

The M17 is great for Rightys!  But those of us wrong handed people would get some hot brass in the cheek! [furious]  
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Look at kurt's custom firearms web site, I he takes  m-17 and really tricks them out, improving a lot of aspects. Here'e a link:

http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/42606.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top