Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2003 6:57:23 PM EDT
Left side of receiver has the "S.G.W" letters in a circle inside a hexagon.  Under that:

"Cal. .223 5.56
Mod.  CAR-AR

A2-U16XXC

(might be "A2-016XXC," or "A2-1116XX0," it's kinda hard to make these out in a pic.)

Lower has A2 features, i.e. beefed up front pivot pin area, thicker rear ring area where stock tube screws in.

Is this a "preban?"  Was it a preban that was sent in to Olympic for "repair," and it came back "refurbished" as it were?

Is such a receiver truly a "preban," worthy of preban price?

Is it ambiguous?

Is it a problem waiting to happen?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks, Ted
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...

I checked out Oly's webpage and got this:

"Our current production cast receivers have a serial number prefix of "SGW" which stands for our old trade name of "Schuetzen Gun Works". "

I also foudn this:

"U1001 U1597 08/18/1987 11/28/1989"

So....is it possible the A2 and C were added when they remanufactured it?

I would contact Olympic Arms. I'm sure they would have a better idea. THey may not have the original info, but if it was remanufactured im sure they have a record of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top